[ExI] EP and Peak oil.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 19:24:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:18 PM,  aiguy wrote:
<snip>
> Because we share the Lakes with Canada we could even make it a joint venture
> between the two countries in
> the spirit of international cooperation and to share expense.
>
> Channels could be left open at various points for maintenance and to allow
> for navigation by boats and commercial vessels.
>
> But I used to live near Lake Erie and was even out fishing at the 3 mile
> mark a few times and there's not that much traffic out there.

Did you hear that you now need your passport to go fishing?
Thanks to the ever-helpful Homeland Security Department.

<http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/environment/2008-03-26-fishing_N.htm>

Quote:

Going fishing? Pack your passport
By Mimi Hall, USA TODAY

Rick Ungar's charter fishing service promises a great time on Lake
Erie. But there's a catch — and it's not freshwater fish. It's the
Homeland Security Department's new anti-terrorism rules.

When the 2008 charter season begins next month, U.S. citizens paying
to fish on Lake Erie will have to bring either a passport or two other
IDs if they plan to cross the northern border's invisible watery line.
When they get back to shore in the USA, they'll have to drive to a
local government reporting station and pose for pictures. They won't
be posing with their fish, but for Customs officers via a videophone
connection.

etc.....

BillK