[ExI] Most Critical Review of Transhumanism

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:24:07 UTC 2008

I wrote:
I think "Designer Evolution, A Transhumanist Manifesto," by Simon Young,
could be considered a fairly in-depth critical analysis/apologetics study of
Transhumanism.

Natasha replied:
I think his book is far better than all others so far as far as being
objective and well-referenced, but it is not a true critical expose of
transhumanism.

Stefano wrote:
"Critical" may simply mean "in-depth, accurate", ma "criticism" does not
sound as a applicable to neutral or favourable commentaries...

Ahh, ok, I was thinking of "critical" and "criticism" in terms of merely
meaning analysis.

Damien wrote:
Bill McKibben's loathsome ENOUGH, if we leave aside Fukuyama and Kass.

I have not read any of these yet, but I suppose my "pick" (at least in terms
of mainstream publications) would go to one of them.  Does Bill Joy have a
book out on Transhumanism yet? lol

I would recommend the following paper:
"Facing the Challenges of Transhumanism," by Professor Haava
Tirosh-Samuelson, Arizona State University, Department of History

http://www.asu.edu/transhumanism/Facing%20the%20Challenges%20of%20Transhumanism%20Global%20Spiral%20H%20Samuelson.pdf

John Grigg