[ExI] Use of Irony, or Miscommunication? (Was Re: Global Temperatures to Decrease)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Apr 18 08:56:59 UTC 2008

>But I totally agree that we cannot do without irony and sarcasm on
>this list. At least I can't   :-)
>
>Lee

resending an old message

--------------sent 5/23/02 to extropians--------------------------------

To: extropians at extropy.org
From: Amara Graps <amara at amara.com>
Subject: Communication Skills books

_Messages: The Communication Skills Book_ by Matthew McKay, Martha Davis,
and Patrick Fanning, 1983, New Harbinger Publications. How to communicate
effectively, for example showing a difference between aggressive
communication (such as sarcasm) and assertive communication.

-- also:
_How to Argue and Win Every Time_ by Gerry Spence. I like very much
Spence's perspective on stories.

greetings from Tallinn,
Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado