[ExI] Latest US genetics legislation

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 19:27:28 UTC 2008

I noticed this on the BBC website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7366264.stm

Is this a positive step (reassuring the public that advances in genetic
technology will not hurt them) or a negative one (as the US chamber of
commerce says)? Hopefully this law (assuming it goes into force) will
encourage people to have genetic tests, and in doing so will increase
the market for good,high quality tests and will hopefully encourage the
price to come down. Well, I try to remain optimistic that will happen,
although our discussions on US healthcare economics have painted a
pessimistic note.

Tom