[ExI] Call for presentations at International Space Development Conference 2008

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 30 13:42:44 UTC 2008

Amara D. Angelica wrote:

> I'm chairing a session on May 29 at the National Space Society's
> International Space Development Conference 2008
> (http://www.isdc2008.org/) in Washington DC on using the resources of
> the solar system to benefit humanity over the next few hundred years
> or more (such as backing up civilization in space settlements or by
> storage of data and DNA on the Moon). The NSS is particularly
> interested in innovative transhumanist ideas, such as ways humans can
> be augmented to survive and better function in space or uploading into
> a space-compatible intelligent substrate. Participants in the session
> so far are Robin Hanson and Jerry Glenn. I welcome all suggestions.

This looks like an excellent opportunity for spike to present the
Midgets to Mars campaign..... I mean, "The benefits of utilizing human
beings of considerably small stature to reduce space exploration and
colonization costs and increase efficiency without the need for
expensive and experimental augmentation."