[ExI] Twitter

Sondre Bjellås sondre-list at bjellas.com
Wed Aug 6 10:06:40 UTC 2008

Actually, the benefits I've received from Twitter is way beyond other social
networks like LinkedIn, FaceBook, MySpace :-)  You don't want to subscribve
to people that only posts crap, and when you post, you need to be aware of
your "listeners". Make it worth their time visiting the site and watching
your updates, and there's no point telling everyone, every details about
your life.

Started reading two new books, and a friend commented on my message that one
of them was actually written by his boss! So now I'm actually giving
feedback to the author through him, and it's another element that enforces
the friends me and he has.

Twitter is useful for snapping up interesting information, it's very
un-organized but it's a good place to find inspiration. It's complete
opposite of FaceBook, where you have groups and more closely related
friends, and the topic/subjects rarely go beyond the normal trend.

So yes, I do twitter, and yes, I do find it useless, but there is nothing we
have more of, than time to waste: http://twitter.com/SondreB

My 5 cents :-)

- Sondre