[ExI] QT and SR

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 07:46:39 UTC 2008

John, I'm trying to visualize this.  Help me out with one
clarification, if you will.

Two  ships connected by a ten meter string. (Not thirty meters.) Ships
and string set to travel parallel to the line of the ships and string.
 Two fellows at either end of the string with laser lights and clocks
prepared to make measurements.

To help me visualize this, when you say below "Look at it from the
point of view of an observer at one end of the string", which end of
the string are you thinking of, the trailing or the leading end?  And
I take it the string has some stretch to it, so that a variation in
length in either the shrinking or stretching sense, will be
measurable, with neither sagging nor instantaneous breakage upon
stretching, yes?

Jeff