[ExI] QT and SR

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 10 17:24:45 UTC 2008

> which end of the string are you thinking of, the trailing or
> the leading end?

In most of my verbiage I was talking about the trailing end because
that's a little harder to visualize, and to be consistent the string must
break from both viewpoints. As long as we start out with the string
being taut the guy at the leading end would reason that he will
always be moving faster than the guy at the other end so the string
will break; and the guy at the trailing end would reason that the
fellow at the other end will always be accelerating faster than he is
so the string will break.

> I take it the string has some stretch to it

Yes, that would certainly be true of a real string.

 John K Clark