[ExI] "Fringe," a new Fox TV series

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:16:39 UTC 2008

Have any of you seen the previews for the upcoming Fox network series by
J.J. Abrams (producer of Lost, Alias and the upcoming Star Trek incarnation)
entitled _Fringe_?  It has sort of an X-Files feel as a group of FBI agents
investigate out of control "super science" experiments at the bleeding edge
of technological progress.  But I wonder to what extent it will prey on the
paranoia of people and play into the hands of folks like the two Bills, Bill
Joy and Bill McKibben.  I am curious to see to what extent a television
program can influence public opinion in areas crucial to Transhumanist hopes
and dreams.

John Grigg