[ExI] Money Games

Stefan Pernar stefan.pernar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:44:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>wrote:

> At 11:14 AM 12/15/2008 +0800, Stephan wrote:
>
>  from a perspective of Gold (aka real money)
>>

> Omg. Money is not a *thing*, it's a signifier, an operator; reifying it is
> a step backward into immobility and superstition.

Not sure I understand your point but in my Gold = money analogy I am
following Austrian economics and am lost in regards to your superstition
comment. What's more elusive: fiat currencies or gold coin?

> Since real wealth *is* increasing (O blessed extropy!), there does need to
> be a way to pump in more of the standard signifiers. But some rationality
> applied to the process would be desirable.

In its current form money does not represent wealth or value but debt.
Meaning once all debt is repaid there would be no money. The video posted
earlier explains that very well.

--
Stefan Pernar
Skype: Stefan.Pernar