[ExI] I don't understand students: help !

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Dec 17 18:21:52 UTC 2008

Have you ever watched a TV show called "Bad Girls Club" (or something like
that).  The girls self-promote themselves to higher and higher status for
the number of acts accomplished that defy established social codes (like
cheating, physically abusing, lying, stealing, etc.)  While the show is
designed to look sexy and appeal to a girl's inner beast, it does claim to
have some moral caveat "Will living together help them move forward and turn
their lives around -- or will chaos rule?"    But this type of arrogant and
feisty behavioral signage is not new, social moms and dads have left an
indelible mark on their children's brains to behave badly.

I haven't taught school in a number of years, but were the student mine, I
would follow LaTorra suggest and move on it quickly.

Nlogo1.tif  <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More

  _____