[ExI] Impending Newtonmass... what should I buy the atheist in my life?

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 01:40:41 UTC 2008

2008/12/24 Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com>:
> [...]

Well, here's a little something that you can do for Newtonmass.

Read the wikipedia article on Sir Isaac himself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton

There's some fascinating stuff in there. For instance, I didn't know
that he had a stint as an anti-counterfeiting super hero, while being
in charge of the Mint.

And, the contention is that he put more effort into Biblical
Hermeneutics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_hermeneutics) than
into plain old science. Next time someone comes blathering to you
about bible codes, remember that Newton, of the physical laws, optics,
calculus, etc etc, couldn't find anything in the bible along those
lines, even though he really wanted to and even though he tried
really, really hard.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com - my home