[ExI] [Hplusroadmap] Open Biohacking Project

Robert Picone rpicone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:28:07 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 7:14 AM, Robert Bradbury <robert.bradbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice if most of the filenames didn't include spaces.  Spaces
> in filenames are a real pain to work with under Linux and other Unix
> derivatives.
>
> Robert

If you're on a debian-based system, I'd recommend the command "rename 's/
/_/g' *" to make them easier to deal with.  If not, or if the package isn't
installed, you can find the debian rename script here:
http://tips.webdesign10.com/files/rename.pl.txt

Anyway, to those interested in the topic, you might also want to check out
an interesting talk given at this year's chaos computer congress:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6950604815683841321&hl=en