[ExI] [Hplusroadmap] Open Biohacking Project

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 22:47:51 UTC 2008

On Friday 01 February 2008, Robert Picone wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 7:14 AM, Robert Bradbury wrote:
> > It would be nice if most of the filenames didn't include spaces.
> >  Spaces in filenames are a real pain to work with under Linux and
> > other Unix derivatives.

Yes. I apologize for this. Ironically, I do all of my work on a Debian
installation. It is Opera who was saving the files, and I who did not
go through and change the file names. Perhaps the next release (which I
imagine might be in a week with the extra supplements I have been
collecting) I will be sure to do this. :)

> If you're on a debian-based system, I'd recommend the command "rename
> 's/ /_/g' *" to make them easier to deal with.  If not, or if the
> package isn't installed, you can find the debian rename script here:
> http://tips.webdesign10.com/files/rename.pl.txt

Thank you.

> Anyway, to those interested in the topic, you might also want to
> check out an interesting talk given at this year's chaos computer
> congress:
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6950604815683841321&hl=en

I recommend this video as well -- saw it a week ago. :)

- Bryan