[ExI] [wta-talk] LA Times: Unlimited space for untold sorrow

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Feb 6 05:52:19 UTC 2008

Hi Emlyn
>I was replying to Amara's post really, not to your original one.

And mine was about homocide (grouping war in the same category) in the
news. I don't watch TV often (even when I owned one) because the
fear-amplification factor used often in media reports is something that
I intensely dislike.

I would prefer triumphs to be portrayed in the media more often than
tragedies, in general, but I guess that triumphs don't sell the news.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado