[ExI] [wta-talk] LA Times: Unlimited space for untold sorrow

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed Feb 6 15:44:37 UTC 2008

I like to watch The Simpsons and House.  By the way, the House episode
last night struck me as the most intelligent (deeply and subtly
nuanced) TV show I have ever seen!

In general though, I don't watch TV because (1) material pandering to
sensationalism and lowest common denominator interests is immensely
boring, (2) the blatant misrepresentation, falsification and
manipulation -- and what that implies about the target audience -- is
hugely discouraging, and (3) when there *is* something of value to
watch, it's frustratingly slow and stuck in a linear track -- I can
usually find much better on the web.

- Jef