[ExI] [wta-talk] LA Times: Unlimited space for untold sorrow

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Feb 6 14:47:45 UTC 2008

At 11:52 PM 2/5/2008, Amara wrote:

I don't watch TV often (even when I owned one) because the
>fear-amplification factor used often in media reports is something that
>I intensely dislike.
>
>I would prefer triumphs to be portrayed in the media more often than
>tragedies, in general, but I guess that triumphs don't sell the news.

Yes.  Even though I watch TV a lot - has some of the best programming
anywhere on life, the future, nature, animals, adventure, ideas,
etc.  BUT I dislike the news and try to stay away from it as much as
possible.  I do watch Sunday news because it is more focused on
substantial material about the world and is delivered in a far less
hyperbolic tone.

Natasha