[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 23:43:03 UTC 2008

--- spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Avant, your email @ says ucla.edu. and I know they don't let just any
> yahoo
> in that place.  Students are expected to be in debt.  Study hard pal,
> we are
> all cheering for you.  We need your future income to keep our social
> security checks coming.
>
> {8^D
>
> (Ja, I could have stopped one sentence earlier...)
>
> I leave you with a converstation that took place between Huck Finn
> and the
> newly freed former slave Jim.
>
> Jim:  See thah, Marse Huck?  I tole ya I would be rich some day, and
> now I's
> rich.
>
> Huck:  What do you mean Jim?  You are as broke as I am.
>
> Jim:  No sah, Marse Huck.  I owns myself and I's worth seven hunned
> dollars.
> May each of us own ourselves.
>
> spike

Thanks for cheering me up, Spike. I even got a laugh out of your social
security comment. As far as secret shame felt on Ivy League campuses
goes, just remember that they let Dubya into Yale and you are a rocket
scientist compared to that guy. ;-)

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"Life is the sum of all your choices."