[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

James Clement clementlawyer at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 04:05:22 UTC 2008

Bryan Bishop wrote:

> How would we begin to start this system? We would need some incentive
> for the translation of institutions to come over to the new system in
> the first place, else there would be little incentive. There have been
> some new universities in recent years, like Olin up in Boston for
> engineering, and if those sorts of institutions start signing on then
> maybe some progress can be made. But what about coming up with an
> incentive for the likes of MIT to change?

It could either be started by a State (like Arizona, home to Univ. of
Phoenix, the great "distance" learning institution), or one of the regional
accrediting organizations.  Once they allowed tests to be used for a few
basic degrees, course by course, (you wouldn't have to have the full gambit
of offerings in the beginning), then places like U. of Phoenix, The Learning
Annex, etc. would jump at producing lectures to meet the market.  These are
just examples - other avenues are plausible also.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:16 AM