[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:00:29 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 2:43 AM, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
> Rafal,
>
> Did you read any of the words that I wrote? I don't find any correspondence
> to the words I just spent my time and fingers writing, and what you wrote
> (in a continuous rant from your previous message).

### Sorry if my post didn't win your approval :)

I am not sure to which post you refer but if you mean my comment on
"ewige Studenten" in response to your analysis of the disciplining
influence of PhD deadlines, I agree that it was not a straightforward
answer. I do not deny that the threat of not finishing a PhD may have
a disciplining influence, especially on those who Patiently hope for a
Degree, while working as PhD (Pizza hut Delivery), even when Parents
have Doubts, and more importantly, Professor has Doubts...You are
right, there are non-financial reasons why people finish school.
Still, in the greater scheme of life, monetary incentives matter more,
and that's why I continued on the initial issue of this branch of this
gargantuan thread, the appropriateness of expecting individuals to pay
for their education.

Rafal