[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Feb 13 04:42:23 UTC 2008

Bryan Bishop, quoting from the slashdot article:
http://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=415652;cid=22012706
>Engineers were driving taxis and bagging
>groceries in the towns around the Kennedy Space Center.

Wow! I tend to think that the engineers 'have it made', but maybe I have
a special example of my dad; not 'made' as in 'rich', but as a creative
individual who pulled himself up from nothing with only his 'noggin and
is doing well.

Now physics, on the other hand, I cannot in good conscience suggest as a
lucrative field for any young person to go into (unless I can have a
good talk with him), and especially not for a woman (unless I can have
*two* good talks with her :-)).

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado