[ExI] building a big mother

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:16:11 UTC 2008

Spike wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool to have a (presumably enormous) mother pick us up and
hold us when we can't sleep?  It would make us feel like an infant again.
Would we would react as we did then?  Perhaps we could actually build such a
thing: a heated robotic device with actuators and sensors, set up with
feedback systems, humanistic skin, soft enormous boobs in which to settle in
a most non-sexual way, sound system producing a soothing lullaby, heartbeat
and breathing sounds.

I do not propose anything that would completely replace a bed.  It is
unclear, for instance, how one could copulate in such a device.  Could we
build that?

Spike, have you considered supplementing your current employment by being a
staff writer for Futurama (one straight to DVD movie is already released,
with three more coming...)?  On the bonus features section of the
Futurama: Bender's Big Score DVD, they introduce you to their writers and
there are quite a few scientists/engineers among them.

I hope your little guy is still feeling good. : )

John Grigg