[ExI] Name the Rogue Satellite Operation

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Feb 20 07:15:52 UTC 2008

Hey Extropian Wordsmiths!

Put your wordsmithing skills into high gear to name this operation
that the US government is implementing to shoot down a satellite. Yes,
that's right... after criticizing China that their shooting exercise
last year triggered an inevitable cascade of debris,
http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2007-October/038207.html
the US government is going to join the Fun ! Yippee!

Ahem. Sorry.

The Wired contest to name this rogue satellite operation, therefore,
beckoned, and I couldn't resist. However, my wordsmithing skills are not
as finely-honed as some here.  I tried think of a clever way to use
"Stay the Course" or some other Bush-ism, but couldn't get the words to
drip, ooze and slither across the page, so I  used  a  jingle instead.
It's still not slithering though, and I'm sure you can do better!

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/02/name-the-rogue.html
(mine is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list.. there are a huge
number of entries!)

Have fun!
Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado