[ExI] Surviving and Having a Choice

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu Feb 21 15:58:37 UTC 2008

MB writes

> Thanks Keith, I enjoyed the story when you first posted the link. I thought it was
> very cool...
>
> My only difficulty with the actuality of living in such a world is that I rather
> enjoy cooking and gardening and other very hands-on pursuits (such as playing with
> my cats or my snakes). It's not clear that virtual gardening or cooking will be as
> satisfying. Perhaps it will be, I've just not experienced it yet.

Who knows whether the chances are that experiencing these things
virtually will be as good as the real thing?It could be less satisfying,
the same, or more satisfying. What is really important is that one
has survived, and in the cases where it's no better than what we
have at present, or is even worse, one will be able to wait for
gradual improvements to come on-line.

The alternative to living virtually may be very, very disappointing.
One may be dead.  I hope that you're able to get some kind
of cryonic arrangements, which at least provide a chance for
things to be very, very well indeed.

Lee