[ExI] META: Regarding "Die for Gaia, save the planet?"

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Feb 21 17:55:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 06:45:08PM +0100, Stefano Vaj wrote:
>    This is always a matter of doubt for me. As a list moderator, I used
>    to tell people "Why do you encumber the list and the net with stuff

The resource load is negligible. Those so inclined can visit the link, which
is why I'm always pasting the original link at the top.

>    that can well be simply linked?". At a point in time somebody argued

Try visiting such links after a week, a month, a year. Most of them
will be gone. I prefer to have the full text of items to be present
locally, or at least have searchable list archives.

That's what tt at postbiota.org is there for. I even bothered to add
an RSS feed: http://postbiota.org/pipermail/list.rss
It can be searched by http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Apostbiota.org&btnG=Google+Search