[ExI] original star trek!

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 20:08:19 UTC 2008

At 11:34 AM 2/24/2008 -0800, PJ wrote after Spike:

> > Unbelievable!  All the original Star Trek episodes!  Free!
> >
> > http://www.cbs.com/classics/star_trek/video/video.php
>
>Too bad they screwed with the frames, making it jerky like bad
>stop-motion animation,

Isn't that how it looked all along? I watch the damned reruns on
Saturday midnite cable, aghast at the sluggishness, the drawn out
laborious e x p l a n a t i o n s , the heavy-handed eye-brow lifted
wry ripostes, the gruesome stagy fight scenes... It was the available
technology, sure, but two smooth glowing minutes with SG ATLANTIS
(however clunky/bogus in its own terms as sf) makes a bloke realize
how much the media have improved in 40 years.

Damien Broderick