[ExI] nudar and the coming age of religious peace

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Feb 25 01:40:13 UTC 2008

> [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of hkhenson
> >Is this cool or what?  Nudar is software you add to your GPS ...
> >
> >http://nudar.nudar.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=48

http://richarddawkins.net/article,2296,The-coming-religious-peace,Alan-Wolfe
-The-Atlantic
> Interesting graph of religiosity vs property.
> >
> >spike
>
> Which is to be expected from the EP model of why wars if you
> meant to write "prosperity."  Actually my case is that it's
> the future prospects more than the present that's important
> in keeping war mode shut off in human populations...

Ja, I did mean prosperity, but it might have been kinda Freudian: to me
prosperity means owning lotsa property, so property ~ prosperity.  Either
that or I incorrectly wrote "prosperty" and instead of fixing it right, the
autocorrect changed it to property.  I should set my autocorrect such that
any time it sees something it doesn't recognize, it automatically changes
the word to either "money" or "sex."  The result will probably be either
what I *really* meant, or at least be funny enough to be a better
substitute.  {8-]

> Since the evolutionary origin and function of religion is
> that of xenophobic memes that facilitate wars, you would
> expect religions to decline in places that are 1) have not
> been attacked for a long time and 2) have decent future prospects.
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith.  I am often impressed with how well the modern version of EP
correctly predicts the actions of the masses.