[ExI] TED 2008

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Feb 26 05:20:09 UTC 2008

I am looking forward to these (in their recorded form, as in previous years) !

Amara

http://www.ted.com/index.php/pages/view/id/48

February 27-March 1, 2008
Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California, USA

<begin quote>

Many people come to TED seeking something out of the ordinary. A
chance to mentally recharge. A chance to step back and consider the
really big stuff that's happening. A chance to understand life in a
richer way.

TED2008 will be our most ambitious attempt yet to deliver on that
agenda. We're building our program around the biggest questions there
are. And because it's TED, we'll be seeking answers not just from the
sources you might expect, but by bringing together multiple voices
from very different disciplines. The "Aha" moments often come from
the most unexpected connections. The questions below will give you a
flavor of the incredibly rich vein of possibility in this approach.
Plenty of Profundity and Challenge, for sure ... but also plenty of
room for Cool, Exciting and Whimsical. See the TED2008 Conference
Program for details. We think you will like it very much:

Who are we?
What is our place in the universe?
What is life?
Is beauty truth?
Will evil prevail?
How can we change the world?
How do we create?
What's out there?
What will tomorrow bring?
What stirs us?
How dare we be optimistic?
And the point?

<end quote>

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado