[ExI] Basis of Belief

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 26 06:18:41 UTC 2008

> We do.  Ridicule of religion is allowed here.

I thought Extropians where far ahead of this ridicule.

>We might just as likely to be judged worthy of
>survival by that AGI based on our sophomoric
>contempt of religion.

You better hope Spike that the AGI doesn't come back
with a basic beliefs in religion as religion has been
around for centuries.  What will you do then?  I'm
quite sure an AI will have to determine what all that
literature was about and how to make sense of it.
What if there is an equation...hope your not wrong?

Beliefs are personal choices and not all personal
choices are the right ones but I guarantee that by
ridiculing other peoples beliefs you are not aiding in
advancing any cause.

Just an opinion
Anna

http://www.flickr.com/gift/