[ExI] Basis of Belief

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:50:44 UTC 2008

On 29/02/2008, ABlainey at aol.com <ABlainey at aol.com> wrote:
> If you were not certain of the existence of the Alien Geneticist or
> Simulation programmer and did not feel that there was a way to prove or
> disprove their existence then that would make you an Agnostic I believe.

An Agnostic is someone who says that the only way to know god is via
gnosis (internal insight?), and since that's bunk, there is no way to
know god. The existence of god is unknowable, and thus has no
relevance to anything.

I used to call myself agnostic, along these lines, but I've softened
in recent years into a hardline atheist.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com