[ExI] The Manifesto of Italian Transhumanists

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 22:38:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:24 PM, estropico <estropico at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, if the Italian transhumanist association can have a
> representative of the (borderline?) neofascist Nouvelle Droite
> (wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouvelle_Droite) as unelected
> "national secretary", I really don't see why www.estropico.com can't
> have some articles from a neocon alongside all sorts of other
> materials (including stuff from leftists such as Riccardo Campa and
> James Hughes).

Yes, while having never been myself right-wing in any sense or fashion, as
Lorenz, Dawkins, Eysenck, Dumézil, Eliade, Crick did I wrote in the
seventies on magazines edited by French intellectuals that a decade later
were to accept, albeit with many qualifications, the definition of Nouvelle
Droite. The same that I did on liberal or federalist newspapers, or any
other publications interested in hosting my writings, including those of
Fabio's dubious associations. On the other hand, be the Nouvelle Droite
fascist or not, if I were a "representative" of the same, I would now preach
the ideas of deep ecology gurus, the décroissance (relinquishment?) as an
antidote to prometheism, the joy of religious mysticism, and the heroic
facts of Ned Ludd. One can check by himself at
http://www.alaindebenoist.com(a few texts are translated in English).
Of course, knowing what one speaks
about is not required for trivial attempts to cast aspersion.

All in all, it sounds a little different from publicly declaring oneself as
an orphan of the Extropy Institute having now seen the light in specieism,
the verb of the World Transhumanist Society of Simon Young, and in the
writings of a Dr. Strangelove who preaches the appeasement with creationists
since they can be good and obedient troops in the fight for the New World
Order against Muslims, Chinese and other lowlifes.

But I will not elaborate any further on those subjects, since my only
interest was that the Associazione Italiana Transumanisti took a clear
position on the merits of a number of possible misunderstandings and
ambiguities, as it had the opportunity to do in the Manifesto drafted by
Riccardo Campa and a few more of us, approved by its National Council, and
now made public on the Web.

Stefano Vaj