[ExI] Survival

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Jan 5 22:26:18 UTC 2008

>>A kindred spirit! Hate icecream (esp vanilla), but love chocolate.
>
> I can support Eugene's statement about the chocolate.

My daughter, living in Germany, has brought me various chocolates and marzipan!  :)
No fooling, that's good stuff.  Marzipan makes Christmas something to look forward
to!

> Guess what, MB, my international-move-from-hell is almost complete.. my
> household, upon arrival on the other side of the Atlantic to the Port of
> Houston in the third week of December, was separated from the other
> shipments and Xrayed (I keep thinking that the dogs must have sniffed my
> tea and spices), and was then put on a train across the mid-section of
> the US between Christmas and New Years. Last Friday, my
> house-on-the-train entered Colorado, and on this Monday, I will receive
> my household. Two months after waving goodbye to it in Frascati, Italy.
> I trust that Murphy's Law has finished running amok in my life, and that
> the last phase of my international move will have no problems. I'll be
> sure to take pictures of my home's arrival to complete the set.

I am happy that things are finally coming together for you. It is my hope that one
or both of your notebooks will surface - I mean, it's not been all that long and my
Christmas present which was sent from Germany has not yet arrived, though it was to
be here before Christmas.  That said, I have had one lost mailing *to* Germany, and
it never did surface.  That was some years back.

I've received several broken-open mailings (some with pieces missing, some with
pieces broken) from Germany, but IMHO they are packaging errors. My correspondent
didn't understand exactly how to pack breakables nor how much tape to use to ensure
packages don't come open enroute.  We've had some conversations about it and lately
packages arrive in much better shape. :)

> I was beginning to get bored wearing the same two wool sweaters... but
> this is Boulder, not Italy, and no one really cares what clothes I wear!

Well now, Amara, I'm sure the shops in Boulder have after-Christmas sales just like
shops all over the US, so you might have remedied that two-sweater situation.  ;)
But there are many more useful and interesting and important ways to spend money.

I look forward to more pictures.
Regards,
MB
ps. Goodwill has some excellent buys on sweaters.... ;)