[ExI] Coming in 2008: "Transhumanism Today" magazine

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 02:59:56 UTC 2008

Joseph Bloch wrote:
"Transhumanism Today" will be distributed in mass-marked bookstores to
attract a new audience who might not otherwise seek out
Transhumanist-related material, as well as being a place for committed
Transhumanists to find unique content not available in other venues.

I'm very interested to see how things work out for your endeavor and I just
want to say I am rooting for you!  I hope you have the financial deep
pockets, advertising sales success and broad distribution network that will
be dearly needed (along with plenty of great article submissions that keep
on coming month after month...).

I used to be an assistant editor for the "Physical Immortality" quarterly
print magazine and despite fairly valiant efforts it failed.  We had some
very good articles but it did not have the slick appearance or vast
distribution network & advertising budget of a mainstream magazine
periodical.

I believe Max More and the early Extropians put out their own print magazine
and despite an excellent product were met with failure.  What you are doing
fits into the "where angels fear to tread" category and so I wish you the
very best.
Oh, and don't forget to have a sex columnist!  "Ask Anders!" : )

Best wishes,

John Grigg