[ExI] Many Worlds (was: A Simulation Argument)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 10 21:43:35 UTC 2008

At 01:33 PM 1/10/2008 -0500,   John K Clark wrote:

> > Some commentators deny that Everett's model meant entire universes
> > due to relativistic constraints, if for no other reason.
>
>I don't see how relativistic constraints enter into it.

How can you instantaneously split into two or more versions an
*entire universe* with a radius of tens of billions of light years?
How could the news propagate everywhere so quickly? But if it
doesn't, if this is just a constrained bubble that spreads at c or
slower, and attenuates by inverse square and chaotic rambles and
stray quantum blurts, how can you say the *universe* has split?

Damien Broderick