[ExI] Many Worlds (was: A Simulation Argument)

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu Jan 10 22:53:50 UTC 2008

Damien
> How can you instantaneously split into two
> or more versions an *entire universe* with
> a radius of tens of billions of light years?

"Are the worlds real? Yes, in the sense that
instants of time are real: they may not be present
directly in the formalism, but unless we introduce
the concept we may struggle to understand what
the formalism is telling us, and without the concept
it may be impossible to capture important
(causal/deterministic) properties of the world."
-David Wallace