[ExI] The Open Future Foudation

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 00:28:19 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008, Antonio Marcos wrote:
> This was a brainstorming in the future, not to have
> membership or charge money, but to eventually making
> people move their 'survival' to artistic expression.

"Self-creation is the highest art." And Tegmark would argue that it's
already the mode of survival ...

> It was a suggestion on where to focus, so we avoid the
> parasitic approach to science, truth should be the
> goal in itself.

Signal-to-noise problem. Hm. You can't banish all noise, but you can
develop approaches to noise management over time.

> The foundation wouldnt get any money from members. It
> was a suggestion on how to fund your own research, in
> case the world starts to change too much, as I
> described.

I see. I'd comment on the use of the word 'foundation', but I think
Damien may bring this up in his email (which I am now off to go read).

- Bryan