[ExI] Transhumanism and Politics

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Sat Jan 26 22:19:06 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 1:10 PM, BillK wrote:
>> The US has the best average outcomes in the world by substantial
>> margin; an interesting question is whether or not the European
>> systems
>> would produce similar outcomes if they had as much money to spend per
>> capita.
>>

> I'd be interested in how you measure this claim.

To add more data (and some good links at the following link) to the
discussion:

http://polyscifi.blogspot.com/2007/08/more-data-from-lancet-oncology-study.html

This link is about a Lancet oncology study, and there is quite bit
more data like this floating around out there.  It is the elephant in
the room when discussing the relative merits of healthcare systems in
various countries.  Americans pay more, but they also receive more.

No matter how much I think about it, I cannot see how a system that
delivers inferior results to the average person can be morally
superior.  The purpose of healthcare is to deliver good medical
results, not to conform to arbitrary good intentions and possibly
irrational ideals.

J. Andrew Rogers