[ExI] Joyce

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:59:37 UTC 2008

On 30/01/2008, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:

> It was my understanding that the word "Wake" did not mean stop sleeping
> but referred to an Irish funeral. It was also my understanding that Joyce
> got the title from an old comic song in which Finnegan wakes up in the
> middle of his own wake, the song is called Finnegan's Wake.

While we're on the topic of punctuation and pedantry, your use of the
comma in that last sentence is wrong. There should either be a
conjunction after the comma, or else the clauses should be separated
by a colon, semicolon or full stop. I actually quite enjoy your
writing style but for this one recurring quirk.

--
Stathis Papaioannou