[ExI] Oil will never run out

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 02:34:40 UTC 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008, Samantha Atkins wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
> >>
> >> Resource availability has little to do with finances at this time.
> >
> > Oops, please excuse me. I meant to say that resource availability
> > in   the
> > context of finances that are necessitated for a singularity; in
> > general, finances can be used to access resources, but that's
> > assuming people will accept those finances and economics, etc.
>
> This is not a great improvement.  Want to try again?

I'm not sure if there is anything more that I can really add. I don't
see how whether or not there happens to be a large moon in orbit (as
there has been in our historical context) has anything to do with a
stable civilization, for instance. Granted, we can talk about blowing
up the moon because of an unstable civilization, but I doubt that this
is what Kevin was getting at.

- Bryan