[ExI] Savants and user-interfaces [was Re: [agi] WHAT SORT OF HARDWARE $33K AND $850K BUYS TODAY FOR USE IN AGI

Vladimir Nesov robotact at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 04:08:29 UTC 2008

Interesting: is it possible to train yourself to run a specially
designed nontrivial inference circuit based on low-base
transformations (e.g. binary)? You start by assigning unique symbols
to its nodes, train yourself to stably perform associations
implementing its junctions, and then assemble it all together by
training yourself to generate a problem as a temporal sequence
(request), so that it can be handled by the overall circuit, and
training to read out the answer and convert it to sequence of e.g.
base-10 digits or base-100 words keying pairs of digits (like in
mnemonic)? Has anyone heard of this attempted? At least the initial
steps look straightforward enough, what kind of obstacles this kind of
experiment can run into?