[ExI] second amendment rights

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jul 5 23:48:05 UTC 2008

Ja, the gun debate has burned over this ground several times before.  Do
consult the archives.  There you will find some caustic and delightful
"canardic screeds" as Lee Daniel called them.

After I offered an admittedly scattershot reply, I realized Damien was
interested in a specific second amendment discussion.  I propose letting the
Pondering Your Freedoms thread wind down or continue on the various topics
this line seems to spawn with mind numbing regularity.  Further I propose
that Damien's original question take on the above subject line, and I urge
strict subject discipline on this one.  If one continues under that subject
line, note that it isn't about crime, it isn't about safety, it is about the
constitution and its intent.

I am not pointing fingers, as I was the one who tossed out a bunch of
obscuring verbiage.  Note that second amendment rights need not be
exclusively about guns.  We often assume it so, but arms could be other
stuff too.

Play ball!