[ExI] upon pondering your next million years

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jul 12 18:07:33 UTC 2008

At 09:52 AM 7/12/2008 -0700, Spike wrote:

>My sincerest congratulations to all who contributed to Million Years, for
>landing a book on perhaps the most honored shelf in publishing.

Thanks, Spike. One correction, though. The title is:

YEAR MILLION: Science at the Far Edge of Knowledge

<http://www.amazon.com/Year-Million-Science-Edge-Knowledge/dp/0977743349>

It was reviewed a couple of weeks back by John Horgan in the Wall
Street Journal, and I understand there's a review forthcoming in the LA Times.

I was pleased by the essays, which were all written specially for the
book. Only one writer jumped the gun (Greg Benford's piece on the
very far future appeared some months earlier in the online magazine
BAEN'S UNIVERSE, which was rather naughty or careless). Robert
Bradbury's, Robin Hanson's, and cryonicist medico Steve Harris's
essays are especially remarkable, I think.

Damien Broderick