[ExI] Probability is "subjectively objective".

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 14 19:27:43 UTC 2008

"Jef Allbright" <jef at jefallbright.net>

> If you can change something by thinking differently, it's
> subjective; if you can't change it by anything you do
> strictly inside your head, it's objective

Yes, but is determining if something is happening inside
or outside your head a strictly objective or subjective process?

You say that mind creates probability, and I think you could
very well be right; or it could very well be that probability
creates mind. I suspect Darwin would have been more
comfortable with the second possibility, but nobody really
knows. All I know is that if Copenhagen is right then a event
is frequent because it is probable and if Many Worlds is right
then a event is probable because it is frequent.

 John K Clark