[ExI] QT and SR (was Re: Probability is "subjectively objective".)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 15 23:44:44 UTC 2008

At 03:48 PM 7/15/2008 -0700, Lee wrote:

>John Clark writes
>
>How do you know that it's you moving and not the Milky
>Way and the Virgo Cluster that're moving?

It doesn't matter. This is just obfuscation.

>>Yes, the concept of "Instantaneously" is reference-frame
>>dependent, but the distance between 2 events in space-time is not,
>>it's always the same,
>
>You're trying to think of "spacetime interval"

I understood that this is exactly what John was talking about. No
need for a patronizing tutorial with JKC.

>>>All that's happening is that the outcome of a measurement *here*
>>>is correlated with the outcome of a measurement *there*.
>>All? ALL! Here is a billion light years from there!
>
>Not to someone moving past you at .999999999999c.  To him,
>youse are just a few yards apart.

Unless the conjecture I posted earlier today is relevant, this
compression isn't to the point either, I think. The point is that (by
construction) once thingee A is measured, anyone measuring thingee B
*which is outside the first thingee's lightcone from any viewpoint*,
will necessarily find a single determinate result, without there
being any hidden determining variables inducing that outcome. Viola!
(as a musician might say)--weird as shit, dude.

Damien Broderick