[ExI] "How to do Philosophy"

Kevin H kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 01:26:06 UTC 2008

Well, in my opinion, I'm not impressed.  He's a programmer, and it's typical
for programmers to judge all knowledge based on it's utility.  He doesn't
understand that utility, much of the time, is really only a conveniant
side-effect.

I guess I'm not going to argue against it, the difference is really one of
evaluative standpoint.  But it's not true that just because certain
knowledge isn't useful that there's something wrong with it.  He should
check out Peirce with regard to his usefulness criteria, at least, to find a
formulation of the concept that isn't completely deranged.

*Kevin*