[ExI] a truly ditzy review

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 18:57:34 UTC 2008

At 12:09 PM 7/31/2008 +0200, Stefano wrote:

> > In principle it's always possible to post either another review to Amazon,
> > or add comments under an existing review
>
>... But I understood a few msgs before that there were some probs in
>posting additional review, or...? :-/

Yes, alas, which is why I said "in principle" which should also have
been followed by a suitable grimacing icon. The extrope who tried to
post his review (and he did this earlier than the one currently
displayed) tried several times, apparently, but his review and rating
never appeared. Probably he made a small error in following the protocol.

You'd think all these procedures would be transparent, but amazingly
they rarely are. (For example, Live Journal and similar sites have a
box where you can write and submit your own comments to what you've
just read. At the bottom of the box, they usually show examples of
allowable HTML markup tags such as <i>, <b> etc. *But they don't show
examples of how to shut the formatting off*! such as </i>, etc. I
suppose it's assumed that everyone *knows* this (actually not
everyone does), but if so why bother providing *any* instructions/examples?)

Damien Broderick