[ExI] Technology- When it works (A story)

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:56:24 UTC 2008

From: "Amara Graps" <amara at amara.com>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 4:45 PM

> A story.

Wow. Amazing. Some say only women have the strength to persevere in the most
grave situations. I'm ever more convinced by the day... And I do envy the
newcomer for having such a loving mother :). It seems you have what most
people refer to as 'luck' in ample supply :) Still I wish you two luck and
all the best!

However, I have one little comment on this...

> Today,
> humans have the fragments of a network of a global consciousness

Internet. Collective consciousness is sort of an obsession to me (has been
for some time). If the matter has been discussed, please let me know.
Anyway, the internet seems to me a pseudo-collective of human (and
artificial) minds, today an indefinite set of information but expanding very
rapidly (and indefinitely). The internet is pretty non-deterministic, it has
no definite size, no definite shape etc. Somewhat like our so-called mind
(talking about individual mind here). So, the internet, as it is, ever more
closely integrated with us, through our phones, PDAs, laptops and, at some
point in the future hopefully, through our implants, might well lead to the
formation of a super-consciousness including all that is human. Consider
Asimov: Foundation and Earth (Gaia, Galaxia, where individuality never
ceased to exist but on a grand scale hatred, violence, etc were eliminated,
not mentioning the surplus to cognitive power and data storage).

Thomas