[ExI] The Manifesto of Italian Transhumanists

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat Mar 1 19:19:00 UTC 2008

Estropico writes

> On the "fascist or not" and its relationship with GRECE: Wikipedia on
> the "New Right" (Nouvelle Droite):
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouvelle_Droite

Well, I can certainly recognize (often) when it would take
me years to get up to speed on something. No way I'm
going to get a good understanding of what is being debated
here.

But that link has one interesting passage that really got my attention:

"As Martin Lee explains,

      " By rejecting Christianity as an alien ideology that was forced upon the Indo-European peoples two millennia ago, French New
Rightists distinguished themselves from the so-called New Right that emerged in the United States during the 1970s. Ideologically,
[the European new Right group] GRECE had little in common with the American New Right, which [the European new Right ideologue] de
Benoist dismissed as a puritanical, moralistic crusade that clung pathetically to Christianity as the be-all and end-all of Western
civilization.[6]"

Talk about mixed currents!  It's as though the European coordinate system
has been rotated 45 degrees from the American one.

And, oh yes, the Nouvelle Droite throughout Europe does not hesitate
to call into question "market practices", evidently.  (Actually, I feel like
apologizing for my ignorance, but I just wrote an email to someone
telling them never to do that!)

Lee