[ExI] How could you ever support an AGI?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:16:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM, James Clement <clementlawyer at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> That's not to say it can't happen (hence the importance of the work being
> done by the above-referenced organizations), just that we shouldn't jump to
> the most extreme, doomsday, conclusions.

Lest I repeat myself for the umpteenth time on this issue, I would limit
myself to reiterate that defining a future substitution of "children of the
mind" to "biological children" as an unqualified "doomsday conclusion"
should at least be argumented a little more.

Unless of course we consider the coming of homo sapiens as "doom" or
"extinction" for our pre-sapiens ancestors.

Stefano Vaj