[ExI] How could you ever support an AGI?

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Mar 5 08:04:54 UTC 2008

John Grigg in response to giovanni santost wrote:

> You are badly anthropomorphizing the AGI.

For God's sake, we're back with that crap! Prove to me why
anthropomorphizing is always a bad thing. Come on, I dare
you to try, come on, mess with me!

> It will most likely not have the same biological
> drives/wiring that you and I have.

If true then the AGI, that is to say, the American Geological
Institute (or perhaps you mean Artificial Intelligence) will
be even more unpredictable than I thought it was; and that
was pretty God Damn unpredictable. The logic is irrefutable,
the friendly AI idea is brain dead dumb.

 John K Clark